We submitted all of our paperwork to convert this property to natural gas back in October. We got approved in November. And then we waited for the spring thaw. And waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, in April, we got the hookup. And in May they came out and inspected and gave us the approval to fire up the new furnace.
|Look at our tiny new boiler!!!|
Best of all, we got rid of the antique, oil fired hot air furnace! Over the course of the winter, I developed some expertise on troubleshooting this thing. It typically stopped working at least once a week. So believe me, I'm not sorry to see it go! It will also be nice to get rid of all those big metal ducts that criss-crossed through the basement ceiling.
|Farewell to the old furnace!|