After trekking for hours through the Brimfield Antiques Show, we found this $40 bed. I love that it's so tall, with the carving at the top. The frame was missing a few parts and wasn't the right size for a modern mattress. But the headboard was just the ticket! So I got rid of the footboard and focused on the headboard.
Unfortunately, it had a musty, mildew odor. So I wiped it down with a bleach mixture and let it sit out in the sun for awhile. Then I painted it with a coat of sealing primer, followed by two coats of semi-gloss enamel.
Now, the detail really shows through and it creates a beautiful statement in the bedroom. I love it! And it will come in handy for staging future properties!
The last quick little project was this table. I found it at Habitat for Humanity's ReStore - $10!!! A quick coat of spray paint and it made the perfect bedside table.
I guess it's time to start looking for projects for our next house!