We have red birch floors throughout the entire house. They get refinished starting Monday - so we've focused on getting the rooms ready for John Abrams and his flooring crew. We've been caulking and painting, and then painting and caulking, with a little spackle thrown in! It's making a huge difference now that the old, dated wallpaper is gone and the walls are light and bright. We're also making progress on the upstairs bathroom. The marble floor and border are in and grouted.
Check out our progress and some sneak peeks!
Remember the front bedroom with its dark blue wallpaper and damaged walls? And the acoustic ceiling tiles and broken windows? All gone, now we just need the floors refinished and it will be done!
|Front Bedroom - In Progress|
|Front Bedroom - Before|
And the back bedroom with it's grimy, granny wallpaper and acoustic tile ceiling - all gone! But when we pulled up the vinyl tiles, we discovered nasty black adhesive underneath. That will get sanded off, exposing the birch flooring underneath.
|A big improvement - but we need to get the smelly adhesive off the hardwood floor!|
We also made lots of progress in the Living Room - the brick corner is gone and the floor should be beautiful once it's refinished!
|Living Room - In Progress. Note the big opening to the sunny kitchen, a big change from before.|
|Living Room - Before|
And once last quick peek - here's the newly tiled upstairs bath. We love the carerra marble basket weave floor and border. Still lots to do, but it's coming along.
Stay tuned for more updates this week. In addition to the flooring team, we have the landscapers coming to tackle the front and back yard. And, weather permitting, we should get the exterior painting completed.
Hopefully we'll be scheduling our Open House soon!